Walnut United Methodist Preschool
Welcome to Walnut United Methodist Preschool and Kindergarten! Here at WUMP, we are driven to provide each child with a love of learning, a foundation of success and a base of respect for others. We are committed to nurture each child’s physical, emotional, intellectual, social, and spiritual growth.
- To help the child develop a good self-image
- To give guidance in their social relationships
- To help them work and play independently and to be at ease away from home
- To provide opportunities for physical development of large and small motor skills
- To guide them in reaching their academic potential
- To encourage creativity and self-expression
- To help them grow in their understanding and appreciation of God’s love for them and their ability to respond to that love
Walnut United Methodist Preschool and Kindergarten is a ministry of Walnut United Methodist Church. We are a non-profit organization and are licensed by the State Of California Department Of Social Services, facility #198006178.
The school was first opened in Rowland Heights in 1971 as Bell Memorial United Methodist Preschool. The Lord opened a door for us to relocate the school to the city of Walnut, on September 1, 2000, where we proudly took on our new name and continue to serve God through the care and teaching of the children in this community.
The preschool will be in session Monday through Friday on a year-round basis, except on specified holidays shown on the annual calendar. Children may attend either two-day, three-day, or five-day in the morning enrichment, half-day, or full-day programs.
Our staff is thoroughly trained in Early Childhood Education and certified in CPR/First Aid. Each teacher is allowed the opportunity to create a unique and well balanced program within a warm and loving environment. The staff benefits from the school’s membership in the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) and the Church Related Nursery School Fellowship of Southern California.
8:30AM – 12PM
7AM – 6PM
8:30AM – 2PM
ADDRESS AND CONTACT INFORMATION:
20601 La Puente Road, Walnut CA 91789
Chris Torreyson, Director
Elizabeth Nuñez, Assistant Director
Phone Number: 909-444-9340